Sourcing Agency Services
We act as independent procurement agents for third parties. Please find below the process.
- Verification of need. Verifying the details of purchase requirements with Client to determine specific business and product needs. It is the responsibility of the Client to provide Golden Links Institute with the initial scope and specification requirements.
- Specification Writing. Assisting Client in improving initial specifications prepared by them, to the point where specifications are clear, complete and suitable for the purpose of seeking competitive bids from suppliers.
- Procurement Planning. Drawing up a procurement plan at the commencement of the contract, in consultation with Client, to establish key priorities and purchase needs, critical success factors and a timetable for the sourcing and supply of Goods.
- Strategic Sourcing. Identifying international, regional and or local sources of supply for competitive tendering purposes according to specific product and market conditions. Ensuring that suppliers selected are financially sound and have the appropriate technical and operational capacity. Where appropriate supplier appraisal and site visits may be carried to assess a supplier’s ability to perform under supply contract(s).
- Tendering. Inviting quotations or tenders from Client traditional sources and alternative sources as identified by Golden Links Institute in 4) above. Where appropriate, undertaking and recording technical and commercial evaluation of tenders and quotations on the basis of expected lifetime costs and other relevant factors such as price, specification compliance, capability, delivery, local maintenance and support, warranty etc. Thus ensuring value for money to Client.
- Presentation of Finding and Recommendation. Submitting evaluation report(s) to Client, detailing overall recommendation on proposed sources of supply and, where applicable, costed options.
- Pre-Contract Negotiation. Subject to Client approval and recommendations, and where Golden Links Institute considers it will provide value for money, undertaking post tender negotiations with suppliers to further clarify aspects of tenders and to improve commercial elements of supply.
- Award of Supply Contracts. Establishing supply contracts on behalf of Client that conform to agreed specification, performance, price and delivery parameters, and ensuring that all commercial interests of Client are protected e.g. the obtaining of warranties and after sales service guarantees. For purchases of a regular nature, term contracts shall be established with suppliers to enable Client to call off orders on demand over an extended validity period.
- Vendor Relationship Management. Monitoring performance of supply contracts and timely delivery of Goods. Keeping Client informed of progress and using all reasonable endeavours to ensure that suppliers comply with their obligations under supply contracts placed, and providing all reasonable assistance in the resolution of problems arising during the lifetime of the supply contracts.
- Quality Assurance and Inspection. Where agreed with Client, arranging technical pre-shipment inspection of the quantity and quality of goods. A quotation for the costs of ad hoc quality assurance inspection will be submitted on request to the Client.